[Gllug] spamassassin question

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sat May 3 11:09:39 UTC 2008

Since I upgrade my server to Ubuntu 8.04, the Bayesian filtering on
spamassassin hasn't been working - I think because I run as user foo but
the daemon insists on trying to use the .spamassassin directories of the
individual mail recipients

I have tried setting --helper-home-dir to /home/foo but the daemon still
logs things like -

May  3 12:04:29 dragoneye spamd[14497]: spamd: creating default_prefs: /home/adrianmail/.spamassassin/user_prefs
May  3 12:04:29 dragoneye spamd[14497]: config: cannot write to /home/adrianmail/.spamassassin/user_prefs: Permission denied
May  3 12:04:29 dragoneye spamd[14497]: spamd: failed to create readable default_prefs: /home/adrianmail/.spamassassin/user_prefs

The only pages I can find about this on the spamassassin wiki appear to
be in Chinese - can anyone assist?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk