[Gllug] Firefox 3

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Thu May 29 08:28:30 UTC 2008

Peter Childs wrote:
> What is people's opion of the New Firefox 3 I think its currently out in
> release candidate.
>
> Anyway I've heard (and seen on the web) a lot of mixed feelings.
>
> My Users say its slow and the new drop down location list is too large
> and does not show them what they expect.
>
> The Web seams to say its faster, But from what I've heard from real
> people this is not true (mind you speed is more of a feeling than a reality)

I've been using it on Ubuntu 8.04 and Mac OS X, and overall it is a
great improvement over Ffox 2. Faster, memory leaks fixed, more stable, etc.

That said, it is still a release candidate, and I have had crashes
caused - I think - by bad javascript. RC2 is due soon, so you may want
to wait until it is properly released.

John

--
John Levin