[Gllug] [OT?] FreeParking.co.uk domains

Tue May 20 05:24:44 UTC 2008

Tim Porter wrote:
> Hi People,
> I get some of my domains from FreeParking.co.uk, anyway for about a week
> now I havent been able to login and its getting pretty urgent I renew a
> few. No word from their tech support despite many emails and online support
> requests.
> So my question, anyone else use FreeParking having issues (or using it and
> having no issues?)? Also, what am I meant to do once my domains are
> expiring and I can't get in touch with the company I registered them from?
> Thanks,
> Tim

Tim,

Usually when a registrar goes rogue the procedure is to approach the
registry operator directly. In the case of .uk domains, Nominet.

*****
Update details

If you need to update the address details associated with your domain
name registration, then you should do this through your registrar. It is
the registrar's responsibility to then update your address details via
our automated system.

However, in certain circumstances your registrar may be unable or
unwilling to make the changes you request. In these circumstances we may
be able to assist.

 http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/changedetails/
 *****

There will also be a dispute resolution system, and whilst there is no
explicit 'argument' between you, there is a 'dispute' in that your
registrar is not acting... Such may at least put a 'lock' on your names
even if it takes a while to sort out the details!

Regards,
=dn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk