[Gllug] Upgrading 32 bit to 64 bit

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Sat May 17 06:09:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 08:16 +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 01:02:04AM +0100, Justin Perreault wrote:
> > Is it reasonably possible to upgrade to 64 bit without a reinstall?
>
> I don't think I've heard of anyone doing this.  While it might work,
> I'd suggest it's better to just reinstall.  While you're at it you
> might want to install F9 which is coming out in a few days.

Unfortunately, I did choose to follow this path. The theory is sound
however, so far, installing Fedora 9 has been the worst mistake I have
ever made since I started using linux.

It just has too many "features" that would be more appropriate in a
bleeding edge nightly build distro. I had thought that Fedora was
supposed to be a balance between bleeding edge and functionally stable.

I guess I can say I am learning more about my system. Most of it I never
wanted to learn. Hopefully, it will be useful to know anyway.

Justin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk