[Gllug] Firefox 3

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Thu May 29 10:37:08 UTC 2008

Rob Crowther wrote:
> Peter Childs wrote:
>> My Users say its slow and the new drop down location list is too large
>> and does not show them what they expect.
>>
> Now I've been using Firefox 3 regularly at work for a few weeks, I find
> the location bar on my home PC, which is still on 2, is quite limited.

I also find this incredibly useful

- especially when I visit sites like

to go back later - just start typing 'putty' in the location bar - and
the autocomplete does the rest :-)

Javascript improvements are major - I found some rich text editors
unusable before that work fine now.

there are lot's of is a little UI improvements.

The 'remember password?' dialog is now a (non intrusive) bar at the top
of the screen that hangs around while you wait and see if you got the
password right.

You can tag bookmarks

zoom now resizes images as well as text

--