[Gllug] Do modern webpages kill older laptops/PCs?

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 27 17:44:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 18:33:07 +0100 James Holland
<holland.james at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I can understand that. But I suppose my main point is that I don't
> want to read what I've already read in previous posts, then scroll
> down to read what the new poster has said and I'm wondering whether
> Microsoft have at least got one thing right!!
>
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 18:22 +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> > A Because it disrupts the logical flow of a conversation
> > Q Why is top posting bad?

Your post illustrates the problem. You use the pronoun "that" in your
first sentence, so a reader then has to scroll down to see what "that"
is referring to. far from preventing scrolling down, top posting in a
discussion means you have to scroll back and forth,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk