[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 13:43:21 UTC 2008

--------

"John Winters" writes:

>> On the desktop however Etch is rather elderly...
>
>Lenny has been fully ready for the desktop for ages now.

Of course, this highlights a problem with Debian -- their ridiculous
use of codenames for their releases means no one has a clue which
release is which, unless you happen to pay close attention to the
Debian world (which I don't). I couldn't have told you which was newer,
Sarge, Etch, Lenny, Bo or any of the others. Ubuntu has a similar
problem, although they're not quite as bad, in part due to the
alphabetical ordering (if you ignore Warty and Hoary, that is).

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk