[Gllug] Spamassassin (again)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Nov 23 14:35:03 UTC 2008

On 22 Nov 2008, Adrian McMenamin stated:

> On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 15:26 +0000, Nix wrote:
>
>> Are you running some enormous additional rulesets? (There are a couple of
>> long-unmaintained ones which can gigantically bloat spamd past anything
>> sane, quite like you're seeing.)
>
> Not that I am aware of. I have turned on the dynamic updating of
> rulesets but that came after I was having difficulties anyway.
>
> I have cut the max number of children down to 2 and rebooted but in the
> last two hours the use of swap has grown steadily to over 1G and it is
> still going up (though now very slowly).

No extra rulesets, memory usage insane... I'd recommend raising a bug on
SA bugzilla or asking on the SA mailing list.

(Your perl is up to date, right? There was a memory leak bug in regex
compilation in Perl 5.10.0 found recently, but even that shouldn't have
this effect: SA compiles the regexps in its rulesets *once*, not over
and over again...)

--
`Not even vi uses vi key bindings for its command line.' --- PdS
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk