[Gllug] Spamassassin (again)

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sun Nov 23 14:59:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 14:35 +0000, Nix wrote:
> On 22 Nov 2008, Adrian McMenamin stated:
>
> > On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 15:26 +0000, Nix wrote:
> >
> >> Are you running some enormous additional rulesets? (There are a couple of
> >> long-unmaintained ones which can gigantically bloat spamd past anything
> >> sane, quite like you're seeing.)
> >
> > Not that I am aware of. I have turned on the dynamic updating of
> > rulesets but that came after I was having difficulties anyway.
> >
> > I have cut the max number of children down to 2 and rebooted but in the
> > last two hours the use of swap has grown steadily to over 1G and it is
> > still going up (though now very slowly).
>
> No extra rulesets, memory usage insane... I'd recommend raising a bug on
> SA bugzilla or asking on the SA mailing list.

Actually, I was running a very very large blacklist in local.cf. That
wasn't new, but I've removed it now and it looks like I might have found
the problem. Will run over a week or so and see if there is a repeat.

Does strike me though, that this is still a bug of some sort as the
previous version didn't seem to mind.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk