[Gllug] Redundant hosting recommendation

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Thu Nov 6 18:17:53 UTC 2008

You also need to determine if maintenance time is considered in your uptime
estimate.  If you site can be down from midnight to 2am without it impacting
anything and you schedule this as your normal maintenance window, then you should
not count it as down time.  If during the maintenance window you lose
connectivity / power / a server / a hard drive / etc.  Then that should count
because in many cases you won't be back up at the end of the window.

Andy

On Thu Nov  6 13:07 , 'Jose Luis Martinez' <jjllmmss at googlemail.com> sent:

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk