[Gllug] Redundant hosting recommendation

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:07:51 UTC 2008

2008/11/6 Iain M Conochie <iain at shihad.org>:
> <snip of priceless advice>
>
> I am probably making this sound much more difficult than it really is:
> however this is quite an undertaking. It is a complex process but one
> that can be done. It will take time and patience but good luck!

No, you are making it sound about right.

I have seen companies that can really throw money at the issue still
struggle with this. 100% uptime is of course unachievable, but it is
worth checking with your provider(s) all pertinent statistics, one has
also to be realistic with downtimes. In some systems  90% uptime is
perfectly fine, one should not wear an straitjacket unless absolutely
indispensable....

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk