[Gllug] Typesetting a book under Linux

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:44:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Dan Kolb <gllug at eco.li> wrote:

>> Still, if Scribus fails or crashes, maybe this is your chance to fix
>> it?
>
> Sure, if his publishers don't mind extending his deadline while he does so :-)

And that's the problem. If there was enough time, I'd be more than
happy to wait until Scribus was ready. But in this case, there isn't.
Plus, of course, Scribus uses Mantis as a bug tracking system, and
that's so painful to use that the incentive isn't necessarily there to
even tell them what's wrong.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk