[Gllug] Typesetting a book under Linux

Iain Gray iain.dv at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:11:44 UTC 2008

As a hobby I write RPG stuff and so images and text typesetting is what I need.

I am a huge fan of GIMP and Inkscape for all the graphics work and I
use these for the majority of my work, but sadly I just can't say the
same about Scribus. It is just too buggy and crashy.

So sadly I have to rely on InDesign at great expense which is a shame.

I have always thought that LaTeX ahd just too steep a learning curve
to start on that road, but maybe it is time to have another look.

Any useful pointers on web-based tutorials for LaTex?

iain

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk