[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

Ryan Cartwright r.cartwright at equitasit.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 15:27:54 UTC 2008

2008/11/20 Jose Luis Martinez <jjllmmss at googlemail.com>:
> 2008/11/19 David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>:
>> On Tuesday, 18 Nov 2008, Matthew King wrote:
>> Debian have the advantage that the Bug Tracking System predates
>> massive use of the Web, so they weren't tempted to give it some
>> bleeding ulcer of a Web interface and nothing else.
>
> There is no advantage in only a small minority reporting bugs.

But there is absolutely an advantage in a few well crafted and
relevant bug reports over a whole lot of reports which are not bugs
and might well be fixed by a bit of reading and research.

One of the nice things about reportbug (the Debian system) is that it
includes system information that can be left out by users completing
web-based reports. It also guides the user through the reporting
process including listing existing bug reports etc. to ensure that
duplicate reports are less frequent.

--
Ryan Cartwright
Equitas IT Solutions