[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Nov 24 18:32:38 UTC 2008

On Thursday, 20 Nov 2008, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
>2008/11/19 David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>:
>>Debian have the advantage that the Bug Tracking System predates
>>massive use of the Web, so they weren't tempted to give it some
>>bleeding ulcer of a Web interface and nothing else.
>There is no advantage in only a small minority reporting bugs.

In many contexts there is; for example, it means that you don't get
the sort of person who doesn't actually read the last three words in a
sentence - in this case, "and nothing else" - spattering drivel all
over your bug system.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Oil is for sissies
Today is Second Wednesday, November.