[Gllug] Linux equivalent of OS X filesystem Directory

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:27:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:22 PM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't touch it with a long bargepole these days.
> XFS is of course the way to go (can you tell I like SGI kit?)

The truth is that the filesystem is rarely the bottleneck, so it
doesn't really matter which you use so long as it's reliable. There
are, of course, always exceptions to this, but in the main, any of the
modern Linux filesystems will be more than adequate.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk