[Gllug] Badblocks in LVM

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Sun Nov 23 19:38:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 07:23:18PM +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Mohan wrote:
> > I Really dont know how to fix this. Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> If your data's important, I would simply buy a new hard disk.
>
> Once a disk gets to the point where you get complaints about bad blocks
> it's already had a lot of bad blocks that it worked around without
> telling you.

I agree with Martin. I'm assuming you're using SATA disks, and therefore
getting a new disk will not be expensive. If you have some form of RAID-5 or
RAID-1, the data should be rebuilt automagically when you put the new disk in.
If you don't, then you'll have to restore from last good backup.

Dan
--
When the government bureau's remedies don't match your problem, you
modify the problem, not the remedy.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk