[Gllug] Spamassassin (again)

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sat Nov 15 11:13:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 22:49 +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > Another oddity is that it seems to scan all mail twice - once as the
> > user spamass-milter and once as the recepient - eg in my case as
> > spamass-milter and then as adrianm (my mail account on the server)
> >

> Are you by chance not doing at-SMTP-time checking?   If you're not then,
> well, eww.

How do you mean? One set come in via fetchmail from Demon, another come
via an Exim box (it's an old machine but rather than just chuck it I run
it as the dedicated receiver for this email address - all the outbound
stuff has to go via tiscali's SMTP server as so many ISP's routinely
blacklist email sent from a dynamic IP which is what I have)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk