[Gllug] Wanted P-T work for one of my students

Paul Lee paul at ma1.se
Sun Nov 23 17:24:29 UTC 2008

Nix wrote:
> On 22 Nov 2008, sean spake thusly:
>>        he's mature and in his 30s, so is more likely to be able to get
>> up in the morning after a long night ..........
>>

>> .........coding
>
> I envy this guy. As I pass into my mid-thirties, I've noticed my ability
> to get up in the morning after a long night coding is dramatically
> reduced. I really *notice* those 5am sleeps now, and even clock
> adjustments to e.g. sleep from 7pm--1am and stay awake after that are
> getting harder and require preplanning.

Wait until you are 50+!

Ok I'm not coding, most of what I do now is business/admin related now
but I've found my ability to work long into the early hours waning
considerably, and markedly over the past few years or so. Find myself
nodding off after the 10 pm news. Make the most of it while you can!

Paul
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk