[Gllug] Quad Core Desktop Motherboard

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Nov 25 11:27:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:27:15AM +0000, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
[...]
> I recommend this as a simple, supported, known to work, easy route to
> virtualization, so I would be very interested to know about any objections
> to it.

It's as slow as a dead snail, working for the council, on strike, nailed to
the floor, and stuck in molasses in January.

VMWare and Parallels are fine for firing up a copy of Internet Explorer and
Chrome to test a website that was developed on a Linux (or Mac) system, but
painful if you're doing any kind of heavy lifting such as databases or
*spit* Movable Type.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk