[Gllug] Quad Core Desktop Motherboard

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 15:23:15 UTC 2008

--------

Peter Corlett writes:

>It's as slow as a dead snail, working for the council, on strike, nailed to
>the floor, and stuck in molasses in January.

Not everyone ranks performance as their top priority. For serious use,
stability is almost always far more important, which is one reason I'd
consider VMWare. What would you propose as an alternative? Xen? When it
works, Xen is great. When it breaks[1], you're utterly screwed.

Tet

[1] Which was frequently. Admittedly, this was a while back, and I'd hope
    the situation has improved since then, but Xen used to crash hard, and
    take down all of the guest OSes. At the time, Xen wouldn't sell us a
    support contract, and there was no documentation that might allow us
    to fix it ourselves.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk