[Gllug] Portable and network storage.

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri Nov 14 14:13:29 UTC 2008

Jose Luis Martinez wrote:

> Laptops sound like a good solution, my only concern is if they are
> really able to work 24x7 for any appreciable length of time.

Old-style clamshell graphite Mac ibook 366MHz is my gateway machine
(mail forwarding, print-server, munin hub etc). Been running for a
couple of years now - must be 8 years old. I've got another I've
cannibalised for a new disk (not needed yet) and keyboard (beer spilling
issues at my wedding I suspect).

I'll replace it with my current Dell laptop when I get a new one.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk