[Gllug] Spamassassin (again)

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Fri Nov 14 11:30:07 UTC 2008

Thanks for the help with the previous issue. In the end I reinstalled it
and it looked like it was running fine - my previous problems were because
I was trying to maintain a site wide set of Bayesian tokens etc.

Once I realised that it was an unequal struggle to maintain that and just
copied the files into various users' folders it worked (or so I thought).

(I am using SpamAssassin 3.2.5 incidentally).

Now, though I am noticing it (spamd) eats memory like it is going out of
fashion and consequently - it seems when the box recycles its logs etc -
will crash (having sent the usuage number up to as high as 40 and then the
process bails out with an oom).

I know that spamassassin uses a lot of memory but this seems extraordinary
- on a box with 1.5GB of physical and 1.5GB of swap, it eats (after a
while) all the swap and nearly all of the physical.

Anybody else seen this behaviour?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk