[Gllug] Linux equivalent of OS X filesystem Directory

gunzip emacs.el at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:30:43 UTC 2008

Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 09:58:48AM +0000, gunzip wrote:
>
> Linux offers you a range of filesystems that you could use; some are
> better for working with large files (e.g. XFS), some offer fast
> performance with lots of small files (ReiserFS), almost all are more
> stable than what you typically see with OSX.

It's not the filesystem per se which bothers me as OS X Extended (HFS+) is a
*nix journaled filesystem of sorts at the end of the day. It's just this
Directory vulernability which bothers me. I'm interested in whether Linux is
vulnerable under similar hardware circumstances, ie. bad sectors creeping
into the location of the filesystem directory or equivalent.

gunzip

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk