[Gllug] newbie install day

greg gulrajani greg at gulrajani.org
Wed Nov 12 11:56:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:46 AM, John Edwards
<john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:03:56AM +0000, greg gulrajani wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I think it would be interesting if somebody did a presentation on
>> installing Android on various embedded devices (such as a Nokia n800)
>
> Do you mean like this?
>        http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=198240
>
> As the N800 & N810 do not have it's own GSM, what are the advantages
> over the current Debian-based Maemo that they use?

Well currently not much (I believe there is only BT keyboard support /
no virtual keyboard support)
but in the future (assuming Andriod takes off) I think lots of
embedded devices could take advantage from many apps
in the repository that only require connectivity.  Also i imagine the
process of install linux firmwares on devices is educational for
anybody with an old router or other embedded device..

-best
-greg

> --
> #---------------------------------------------------------#
> |    John Edwards   Email: john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk    |
> |                                                         |
> | A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
> | Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |

> --

aim/icq:       ggulrajani
yahoo:         gngulrajani
gtalk/jabber:greg at gulrajani.org