[Gllug] Ubuntu and me - suggestions requested (polite ones please)

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 10:50:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:14:47AM +0000, Hari Sekhon wrote:
<snip>

> If you want a stable distro, use the stable branch, that name never
> changes. If you want a newer, use Testing branch and if you want
> Bleeding Edge but may break use Unstable.
<snip>

I thought the current wisdom is to use the codenames in
/etc/apt/sources.list and not use 'stable', to avoid problems
when you 'apt-get upgrade' one day and find that a new version
has been released.

You might be aware of it (having read the Debian announce list),
but what if a junior member of your sysadmin team is not?