[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Administrator, London, UK

David Hastie David.Hastie at smartodds.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 11:32:23 UTC 2008

Details
Company: Smartodds Ltd (http://www.smartodds.co.uk)
Salary: Competitive
Location: Kentish Town, London, UK
Job Reference: QTDBA081021

Experienced MySQL DBA required to join the quantitative team of our dynamic football betting consultancy. We are looking for self motivated and hard working individuals who are proactive, with an acute attention to detail. Your CV will speak for itself.

We offer a relaxed, but professional and fast paced working environment and an excellent salary package, depending on experience and qualifications.

Supporting the quantitative team, the role will involve the administration of the databases that are a backbone of our company. The successful candidate will be responsible for data verification and the development of stored procedures as required by the team, along with advising the team on database architecture, performance and resource requirements.

Essential Skills
* At least 2 years commercial experience as a MySQL DBA
* First or upper second class degree in a subject with a high computational, mathematical or statistical content
* Passion for football that will drive you to ensure the integrity of the databases
* Experience writing MySQL stored procedures
* Experience using replication in MySQL
* Candidate must be allowed to work in EU. No agencies please

Desirable Skills
* Good knowledge and experience of working with linux operating systems, including clustering
* Good knowledge and experience programming in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, Php, etc.)

If you are interested in applying for the above please email your CV and a covering letter (including the job reference number) to careers at smartodds.co.uk .

Alternatively you may send your CV to us by mail, by writing to us at the address provided in our contact section of our website. If you have any other enquiries, please email, write or give us a call using these contact details.

David Hastie, Ph.D.
Head of Quantitative Team

Smartodds Ltd
612 Highgate Studios
53-79 Highgate Road
London
NW5 1TL

T: +44 208 7482 0077 Ext 6021
M: +44 7796 175 730
W: http://www.smartodds.co.uk

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error or are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. Instead, please notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (20) 74820223 and delete the material from your systems. Smartodds is a business carried on by Smartodds Limited, a company registered with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales with number 05108548. Registered office: 66 Wigmore Street, London, W1U 2SB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk