[Gllug] Is Dia the right tool for this job?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 20:21:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 6:54 PM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Talking about diagamming tools, does anyone have a recommendation for tools
> for network/server diagrams?
> To be honest, the best kid on the block these days seems to be Visio.

Sadly true. Dia is the best free option, but even in my most rabid
pro-free software moments, I can't honestly say it's as good. It's
usable, and getting better, but it's not currently an alternative to
Visio for complex networking diagrams.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk