[Gllug] Small http server with ssi?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Oct 23 13:57:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:22:07PM +0100, Jon Dye wrote:
> I'm assuming it's too heavy.  I want to run it on my Viglen MPC-L which is
> already running email and fileserving.  I just wanted to aim for the
> lightest server I could that supported SSI.

I used to run Apache on a 486 laptop that had 16 MB of RAM (running
Debian), so I don't think that it'll cripple your Viglen MPC-L.

However if you really want to serve web pages out of L1 cache on your
TI OMAP-based digital watch, I can recommend you:

http://www.annexia.org/freeware/rws

It doesn't do SSI (far too heavyweight!), instead you write CGI
scripts in C and link them to the server at runtime.  There is an
SSI-lookalike in Monolith.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones