[Gllug] Small http server with ssi?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Oct 22 11:44:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:22:07PM +0100, Jon Dye wrote:
[...]
> I'm assuming it's too heavy. I want to run it on my Viglen MPC-L which is
> already running email and fileserving. I just wanted to aim for the
> lightest server I could that supported SSI.

Your assumption is probably false. The Viglen MPC-L is a 400MHz Geode with
512MB of RAM and a disk to swap to, which is a pretty capable box. A certain
cynical IT news site was running entirely off a system of similar spec back
in 1999. Using Apache.

I'm running a smaller box than yours and Apache's load is lost in the noise,
even though I'm using CPU-intensive SSL and page compression.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk