[Gllug] Is Dia the right tool for this job?

sean S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk
Fri Oct 17 18:34:14 UTC 2008

John Hearns wrote:
> Talking about diagamming tools, does anyone have a recommendation for
> tools for network/server diagrams?
> To be honest, the best kid on the block these days seems to be Visio.
>
> A long time ago I got used to a Windows program which did a good job
> for me - and if I ever remember the name for it I'll try to search it
> out again. Lots of pre-defined network switch images, and I liked the
> way it worked.

yes, something to networking diagrams would be good. i teach cisco
courses and even though cisco have started to use linux based servers as
part of the course, the diagrams student produce are using visio,
because i can't find a suitable alternative.

regards

sean

--
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee.  Registration number: 977818 England.  Registered Office:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk