[Gllug] Recommendation wanted for printer/scanner

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 11:02:57 UTC 2008

My HP OfficeJet G85 seems to be on the way out. It is reporting 'Scanner Failure'
when I switch it on, printing is still OK - prob not worth repairing.
Not heavily used but I did get it more than 6 years ago.

What would you recommend for a printer/fax/scanner/photocopier ?
I never got the scanner part to work (SANE did not like it), so something
that works with that would be nice.

Home/light-office use. Some occasional photo quality stuff but mainly simple b&w
printing. I would be prepared to pay a bit more to buy something where I was not
ripped off by having to buy expensive ink jet cartridges.

TIA

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/