[Gllug] linux expo

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 22:50:34 UTC 2008

On Thu 11 Sep, Nahuel Marisi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wandering what will GLLUG be doing at the upcoming Linux expo?
>
> I am offering my services to whatever I can do, any suggestions?
>
> Nahuel

   I took a couple of secondhand PCs and demonstrated loading IPCop and
Debian on the last two occasions, just as something to show. Obviously a
laptop is easier to take along, but I do not have one. Others were able to
do general PR work, and also travel to other stands to find volunteers to
give talks at GLLUG meetings.
   If anyone else has better ideas please say so. We usually have a mains
power feed available plus some kind of table, although I do not have any
details yet for this time. There are internet feeds to the building, but
they are not usually provided free of charge and their IP address block is
well known to spammers, so they are under constant attack.
   Any hardware must normally be delivered the day before the start of show.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk