[Gllug] Budiness systems.

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 5 23:08:49 UTC 2009

Hello,
   I am just trying to compare current progress with other commercial
systems.
   Are there any systems developed and available to run on an Open Source
Platform which come anywhere near the following? I assume it may be Mix and
Match to some extent, but designed to integrate.

Purchase control and accounting

Stock control, including some items which are listed by serial numbers,
(barcode readers in use), showing the variations of original purchase prices
and current stock levels plus details of any pending deliveries and date
expected (lead times could be several months)

Individual customer accounts which display previous purchases, prices paid,
and any serial numbers, new orders either direct or via the internet, able
to handle +/- changes in current orders including stock corrections, manual
variations in prices according to supply costs and order quantities, etc
(can be volatile, wholesale, not retail)

Customer RMA returns

Full business accounting including VAT

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.overview.demon.co.uk