[Gllug] Apache log files

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:33:29 UTC 2009

2009/4/8 John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk>:

> Do you mean this one?
>
> http://acarol.woz.org/

Bring it on.

By the way, to make the competition sensible I have decided:

a) scripting category entrants must show their script parsing a
40Mbyte file - would the original poster be willing to supply the
file?  The file will be split into output files each covering one
week.
I will not ask you to take in "business weeks" as the input to the
file - I've just had to do that, and it has lost me what little hair I
had. You can hard-wire the week starting dates in the code. Weeks
start at 00:00:00 on a Monday.

b) in the open technology category your get 20 records to process,
chosen at random from the above file.
Up to you how you present them sorted into by-week categories
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk