[Gllug] [Lonix] LAMP Job Ad

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Wed Apr 8 12:50:10 UTC 2009

*Background & **Job Description:*

Piins are a small funded start-up, see http://piin.it for our recently
launched consumer platform.

We are looking to recruit two seasoned LAMP developers, if you are good
enough and have enough experience then you will oversee the overall
development of our core (patented) platform in UK/Germany/Austria/
Switzerland.

Since we're an innovative start-up (with headquarters on a boat in Putney)
we offer every possibility to develop your skills in many ways.  We've also
an option pool to issue some shares to dedicated/committed team members.
These roles are permanent, full time (not contractors).

*Job Specification*

*Job Title*: Lead Developer/Developer(s)

*Required Skills:*

·         PHP 5 (ideally >5 years)

·         MySQL (stored procedures, indexes, etc)

·         Client-side code implementations, i.e. CSS and JavaScript: a VERY
good understanding of cross browser capability issues.

o    Ajax, Javascript, XML, XSLT, JQuery, JSON / DHTML, XHTML, CSS / DOM

o    Javascript Security/Security Context,Framework/HTTPS

o    Cookies

·         LAMP

o    Linux - Ubuntu

o    Apache, NginX, Memcache

·         SVN, VPN

·         Zend

·         Sphinx

·         Smarty

·         Internationalisation - i18n

·         Third Party APIs - Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Amazon,
De.licio.us<http://de.licio.us/>

* *

*Additional Skills:*

·         Client Server Architecture, Thin clients, MVC, stateful/stateless
applications, Bookmarklets

·         Reading/writing specifications (esp. UML)

·         Team experience

·         Good English skills (we're quite international with Icelandic,
Hungarian, German, Austiran and English nationalities in the team)

*Other:*

For further details please contact Tim, tim at piins.com or 020 8870 0196.

You are subscribed to a lonix mailling list. To escape please visit http://www.lonix.org.uk