[Gllug] Ubuntu Jaunty Releases and Beer this evening

Andy Millar andy at andymillar.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 09:09:50 UTC 2009

> Having had Jaunty crash 3 times in 6 hours more like drown my sorrows
> the last Ubuntu never flinched let alone crash.

I upgraded last night and I'm yet to see any stability issues.

My only complaint is that it makes even more of a hash of my dual screen
setup on my laptop. 8.10 was bad enough and 9.04 just refuses to play
ball.

It's got to the stage where I have to run:

xrandr --output VGA --off ; xrandr --output VGA --auto --left-of HDMI-1

On *every* reboot just to get my VGA screen to display properly.

"meh".

It does look pretty!

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk