[Gllug] Ubuntu Jaunty Releases and Beer this evening

Gary Pownall gary_pownall at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 09:19:22 UTC 2009

On 24 Apr 2009, at 09:57, George wrote:

> On Thursday 23 April 2009 15:29:29 Alan Pope wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ubuntu 9.04 released today.
> >
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2009-April/000122.html
> >
> > This evening the Ubuntu Local Community support team will be
> > celebrating alongside a bunch of people from some random company
> > called Coninicol or something.
> >
> > If you're in London this evening and fancy a beer, come into The
> > Warwick and celebrate with us. Everyone welcome, whether you're an
> > Ubuntu user or not.
> >
> > From: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseParties - "We have the
> > entirety of the downstairs Booth Bar reserved. There is a fair
> amount
> > of seating and the capacity is more than double the space that we
> had
> > last year. You will be able to order food if you like as well.
> Nearest
> > tubes to The Warwick are Piccadilly, Leicester Sq or Oxford Circus.
> > Bar is open until 3am entry for 18's and over with ID"
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Al.
> Hmmm,
> Having had Jaunty crash 3 times in 6 hours more like drown my
> sorrows the last Ubuntu never flinched let alone crash.
> Kmail now has pat mail in just a date which you must hand expand &
> now take double the screen space. There appears to be no way to bulk
> expand the whole of a mail box and get rid of this double date box.
> Not always being well enough to answer my mail I would like to see
> who I need to answer after a spell in hospital without haveing to
> open each bloody line to find out who wrote on what day.
>
> I do not know who made the assumption that every one wanted to
> change the settings but he /she needs to think about other people
> not just oooh that looks pretty , if you think that way go work for
> that place in Redmond .
>
> --
> Geo

Aren't you being a bit harsh here?  For one thing thanks to the
generosity of Mark Shuttleworth and Debian, Ubuntu has, and probably
always will be free.  If you want to pay £90.00 for a windows upgrade,
go right ahead.

A few teething troubles should be expected, which I'm sure will be
sorted out in an update shortly.  I personally feel a 6 month release
cycle to be a bit daft.

Gazza The Hutt

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk