[Gllug] Ubuntu Jaunty Releases and Beer this evening

George caparo.g at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:57:17 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 15:29:29 Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu 9.04 released today.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2009-April/000122.html
>
> This evening the Ubuntu Local Community support team will be
> celebrating alongside a bunch of people from some random company
> called Coninicol or something.
>
> If you're in London this evening and fancy a beer, come into The
> Warwick and celebrate with us. Everyone welcome, whether you're an
> Ubuntu user or not.
>
> From: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseParties - "We have the
> entirety of the downstairs Booth Bar reserved. There is a fair amount
> of seating and the capacity is more than double the space that we had
> last year. You will be able to order food if you like as well. Nearest
> tubes to The Warwick are Piccadilly, Leicester Sq or Oxford Circus.
> Bar is open until 3am entry for 18's and over with ID"
>
> Cheers,
> Al.
Hmmm,
 Having had Jaunty crash 3 times in 6 hours more like drown my sorrows the
last Ubuntu never flinched let alone crash.
Kmail now has pat mail in just a date which you must hand expand & now take
double the screen space. There appears to be no way to bulk expand the whole
of a mail box and get rid of this double date box.
   Not always being well enough to answer my mail I would like to see who I
need to answer after a spell in hospital without haveing to open each bloody
line to find out who wrote on what day.

I do not know who made the assumption that every one wanted to change the
settings but he /she needs to think about other people not just oooh that
looks pretty , if you think that way go work for that place in Redmond .

--
Geo