[Gllug] Forward of moderated message

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 28 00:19:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 27 April 2009, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
>>
>> I think its is fair to ask for specificity (of the kind you provided)
>> when posting something that at first glance is not directly related to
>> our beloved OS.
>
> Alternatively, we could exercise a little lattitude in sharing information
> which several members may well find interesting. After all, it's *one* email
> occasionally (until someone starts an irrelevant rant about being on or off
> topic.) Or are you concerned about the email's carbon footprint, in which
> case recycle your computer and but a carrier pidgeon.
>
> Dx

Mate, if you subscribe to any reasonable amount of mailing lists,
those "unique" occasional emails add up, and yes, I am conscious that
whining about it increases the noise, which is why I am asking this
question now, after seeing several of these keynote whatever emails
before (and it is not like these invitations are to free events, at
£85 or thereabouts at the very least, I wonder how many of us can
afford to go regularly to these gatherings anyway).

Anybody else posting off topic stuff that would ask for money would,
rightly, be chastised, so I think my wonderment about this and other
posts inviting to these keynotes is not out of order.

But I will shut up now, I think I have made my point clearly enough.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk