[Gllug] OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Apr 30 16:17:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 10:46 +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:23:18AM +0100, Joel wrote:
> > This doesn't appear to stop the iphone selling like hot cakes. It has
> > appalling battery life AND you can't replace the battery without
> > voiding warranty or sending off to Apple. Marketing is the thing, not
> > battery life, apparently.
>
> Definitely, given that it's also a very unreliable phone.

I had my first iPhone for exactly one week - it was provided by my
(then) employer.  In that time I managed to complete just two phone
calls.  It was replaced under Warranty because Apple thought it might be
"faulty".  I kept the two further replacements for another week -
neither would work properly in much of London, and couldn't find a
network out in the countryside.  O2 is meant to have the best coverage,
but the iPhone will go a long way to destroying their reputation!

Further research revealed the receive sensitivity was markedly worse
than my old Nokia, and the transmit power was pitiful.  The battery life
was appalling - typically less than a day.  It was a relief to return to
the relative sanity of a cheap Nokia phone that "Just Worked™"!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk