[Gllug] Ubuntu, Fedora pains

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri Apr 10 09:52:54 UTC 2009

Matthew King wrote:
> Richard Huxton <dev at archonet.com> writes:
>
>> Foolishly, I upgraded my laptop+external monitor setup from the
>> increasingly ancient Debian Etch which I had working reasonably well to
>> Ubuntu 8.10
>>
>> OS woes snipped...
>>
>> You have to recompile glibc to fix this. For a bug reported four months
>> ago. <sigh>
>
> Sounds like time to roll back to your etch backup and dist-upgrade to lenny.

Indeed: Thou shall not stray from the path of debian stable*

I was too easily tempted by those other distributions' sweet words and
shiny baubles. Always been a sucker for shiny things.

* Except for a couple of packages from backports, cpan and compiling
PostgreSQL from source.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd