[Gllug] When's the next gllug meeting?

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:49:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Karanbir Singh<mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 08/12/2009 12:12 PM, Richard Jones wrote:
>> Can you remind us who the other three gentlemen in this gang are.
>
> I think it might be more of a case of 'were' than 'are'. and I'd be one
> of them.

I'd be another.

> However, time has been in quite short supply recently.

Likewise.

> I dont
> mind helping along, but dont want to take the lead on organising the
> meet.

The last one or two meetings were organised by me and chaired by
David, with support from Sean and KB (that makes your four).

I'll reiterate what I can and can't do.  I'm happy to network and find
and organise speakers, and work out dates that are suitable.  What I
can't do more than once or twice a year is attend the meetings at the
weekend.  Evening meetings during the week would be fine.  We had
agreed (or rather suggested) not to have meetings over the summer,
with the plan being to have a start of term meeting, probably in
September.  As far as I know, that's still the plan.

As for the future, I seem to remember David also mentioning that Bruce
was willing to get more involved again - but this is second-hand.

One of the most important questions would be what do people actually
want?  This could become a separate thread... but my sense is that
Linux and the Linux community has changed a great deal in the 8 years
or so I've been involved in LUGs.  What do we actually want to
achieve?

> I might also be able to get a talk together on something
> moderately interesting, if there were an empty slot, and I was able to
> make it on the day.

Likewise.

> Perhaps its worth starting with just a social, easier for me, if it was
> during the workweek rather than the weekend.

Ditto....

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith