[Gllug] info on setup and running a NFP here in the UK

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Thu Aug 6 09:29:43 UTC 2009

Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> writes:

> Debian did this in 2005 (Debian UK) and it appears to be OK however
> their constitution is very simplistic and relies a lot on continued good
> will. Having seen what happens when things go wrong (AFFS) I'd strongly
> recommend against copying Debian in this respect.

Having said that, you might want to talk to someone involved in similar
organisations that didn't go wrong - MJ Ray springs to mind - about
things like co-ops as alternatives...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/            | +44 7866 561014
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk