[Gllug] OpenVPN + TrueCrypt

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Fri Aug 14 08:57:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 09:27:55AM +0100, Stephen wrote:

> Basically I want the user experience to be:
>
> 1) Insert USB stick
> 2) Enter password to decrypt
> 3) Fire up VPN
>
> Without the user needing to know about mount points, which might
> change depending on what other things are mounted at the time.

Whichever OS is on the workstation (you didn't specify), you have to
configure TrueCrypt first and no matter what the OS, you will be able to
specify the mount point.  If it's on Windows, you get to pick a drive
letter via the TrueCrypt GUI.  On Linux you use the native OS tools for
managing mounts (udev, automounter etc.)  I'd go with udev.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"