[Gllug] nVidia 173xx with acceleration working but unusable refresh rates

gvim gvimrc at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 9 17:06:09 UTC 2009

In Fedora 11 I've managed to get the nvidia 173xx proprietary driver for the latest kernel and my GeForce 5200 card working with 3D acceleration but the available refresh rates are unsuable. With the default open source "nouveau" driver I had 1280 x 960 at 85hz but now there is only 61Hz and 60Hz available which is unusable. I can't find a custom nVidia control panel anywhere and System > Administration > Display doesn't boot. All I can access is System > Preferences > Display and the useless System > Administration > Livna Display Configuration. Livna has also borked my xorg.conf so I will need some way of getting the old config back. The old, pre-update kernel is still there.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk