[Gllug] broadband connection in Lenny

john gennard 4bowley0 at clara.net
Fri Aug 21 07:35:02 UTC 2009

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 17:09 +0100, john gennard wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know the command to setup a broadband connection in Lenny.
>> I've installed the latest edition of the distro on a new computer and
>> missed the the networking step.
>>

> what kind of broadband connection?
>
> Do you use a modem or a router with an integrated modem or is it a cable
> connection, in which case do you connect via a router or directly into
> your PC?

Sorry, I should have said it's BTinternet using the phone line and the
modem box supplied.
I've recently had a stroke and get a little muddled now. Normally, the
configuration is
done during installation - there's a section named 'network
configuration', after which there
is the opportunity to link to a mirror {for updates etc}. Somehow I
missed these items.
One can ignore these parts of the installation process and go back to
them later using
the command line - it's this that I cannot remember.

Thanks,

John.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk