[Gllug] broadband connection in Lenny

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Fri Aug 21 08:10:39 UTC 2009

On Fri 21 Aug, john gennard wrote:

> done during installation - there's a section named 'network
> configuration', after which there
> is the opportunity to link to a mirror {for updates etc}. Somehow I
> missed these items.
> One can ignore these parts of the installation process and go back to
> them later using
> the command line - it's this that I cannot remember.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John.

   Not sure what you need to edit, but it may be one of the following:

/etc/network/interfaces
/etc/apt/sources.list
ifconfig (see man ifconfig, just entering ifconfig should show the current
configuration).

   Let me know if you need sample configs.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)