[Gllug] info on setup and running a NFP here in the UK

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Aug 6 10:47:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 11:35 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On the flip side - we are still chasing the SPI / Conservancy umbrellas
> to see how we could do this with them, however its increasigly looking
> like the ecosystem is ready for atleast another few umbrellas. And
> atleast > 1 based in the EU [2].

There is already at least 1 EU wide Free Software organisation - FSFE
http://www.fsfe.org/

What would you hope to gain from another one?

Given the major differences in corporate governance and tax laws across
different EU member states I am not sure that there is any real benefit
in the UK to being under an EU organisational umbrella.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk