[Gllug] security check

Lucy Peters lucypeters at mail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:29:43 UTC 2009

  > . They must have been tapped
  > into my bank details when I did my online shopping.
  Are you sure that you use your card only on ubuntu 9.04 with guardog
  firewall set to default settings ? Are you confident that you have
  never used your card on an Cash Machine / Machine at a shop etc .

  I have a habit of getting the cash from the cash back over the
  supermarket checkout.

  One more thing where did you do your online shopping ? That site
  could have been a already compromised or phised site . Are you sure
  that the online shopping site is reliable ( I would trust amazon
  ,ebay but still use mostly paypal ) .
  Are you sure that your data went on an encrypted channel I mean when
  you were doing your online shopping , did you see a small lock sign
  on
  the right hand bottom of your browser ?

  I use the WOT settings and only click the one in green. I always
  notice a small lock sign on the right hand bottom of my browser when
  I enter my bank details.

  I have a word document file to remind myself of my bank details and
  various passwords. Do you think they could have hacked into it ? If
  they did, how do I stop them doing that?

  Lucy

  --
  pavithran sakamuri
  www.pavithran.org